I Guess I Do

 photo PRESS_zps60f7d5cf.png  photo ADVERTISE_zps8e385a24.png  photo IGUESSIMDUE_zpsba13f561.png  photo IGUESSIMDUE_zpsba13f561.png

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Work & Life



This is my life in a nutshell. A constant struggle with my work/life balance ratio. These past couple of months I've taken on new projects in addition to my full-time job and blogs, projects I dreamed of having, but projects that have led to two minor meltdowns and one slight panic attack. 

I was getting everything I wanted, but I was also getting in over my head. And I knew that. I thought I would try bikram yoga to relieve the stress. Let me give you a tip: If you suffer from panic attacks and claustrophobia, being surrounded by sweaty old men in speedos doing downward dog will be your own personal hell. 

This past Sunday I caught up with my friend and mentor, the amazingly talented screenwriter behind the movies Stepmom and Because I Said So, who was also struggling with balance in life. But she said something that stuck with me. She said, "If we aren't stopping to have fun, then what is all of this for?"

So this Labor Day, let's stop. The work will always be there, but it's the life that passes you by. Savor every moment with your friends and family this long weekend Un-Brides, I know I will be!

See you all Monday...





No comments:

Post a Comment