I Guess I Do

 photo PRESS_zps60f7d5cf.png  photo ADVERTISE_zps8e385a24.png  photo IGUESSIMDUE_zpsba13f561.png  photo IGUESSIMDUE_zpsba13f561.png

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Stephanie & Dave : Eleven Weddings Photography

Meet Stephanie and Dave. Stephanie is a reporter for WPIX in New York and her husband Dave is a standup comedian and writer. Together they have a blog called My Almost Married Life where they give their readers a glimpse of their sitcom-like lives.

And as of May - they can not only talk about their life leading up to the wedding, but now their life after it! As you'll see below, Stephanie & Dave's wedding was not only beautiful, but looked like an absolute blast! Stephanie shares some great tips on how to ensure your day is nothing but fun. Enjoy her story in her own words below...

...

I always say ... I want just a few things in life. Love, happiness, financial stability and DANCE PARTIES. Yes, dance parties. All day, every day!
As a married couple (as of May 19th) we aim to work on our relationship daily. As career driven individuals, we are always looking for ways to improve upon our craft. But as for the dance parties ... I can say we've mastered them. Thanks to our wedding day. I'm still living off the high of the memories ... me, my best friends and family -- kick-ball-changing the weekend away in Boca Raton, Florida.


The highlights are endless. We picked the Boca Raton Hotel and Resort because of the property's lush landscaping and amazing amenities. For three days, about 50 of us sipped cocktails with umbrella straws at the near and when the sun went down, we headed for the bar and danced until the wee hours in the morning.




But really, nothing will ever top our wedding day when 120 people gathered to watch our 'I do's. Ask Dave, I'm not a relaxed person. People had bets on when I'd have my breakdown, not if I'd have one. Turns out, I was cool as a cucumber the entire day. Maybe it was the champagne ... or the fact that I had a small wedding party comprised of just family ... or my makeup artist, Diane, who has the most soothing Jamaican accent and eye for natural beauty, that I knew I was in good hands.



As soon as Dave and I saw each other (at our reveal) our smiles stuck until we returned from the honeymoon. He cried when I walked down the aisle (swoon!) and spent the night by my side on the dance floor. He even joined me the the middle for a killer 'Siegel' version of the 'Harlem Shake'. OH EM GEE. Do it at your wedding. Seriously. We laughed for days afterwards just watching our cousins, who are otherwise pretty chill, whip out dinner napkins and use them as lassos during the 30-second shake fest.



But the best part of the wedding, by far, was when Dave and I jumped into the pool in the middle of our reception area. Talk about an adrenaline rush and best ending ever! Luckily, I'd taken off my Angel Sanchez gown an hour before. But even if I hadn't, I probably would have jumped in. The water felt amazing ... And it was probably one of the most passionate (and memorable) first 'married couple' kisses ever! 



Our advice: Don't hold back on your wedding day. Don't try to please anyone but yourselves. Love. Laugh and most importantly, rock out.




















And now for your viewing pleasure, it's the Siegel Wedding version of the Harlem Shake!



If you'd like to keep up with Stephanie and Dave's hilarious shenanigans, visit their blog My Almost Married Life or follow them on twitter @Stephtsoflias and @standupdave



No comments:

Post a Comment