I Guess I Do

 photo PRESS_zps60f7d5cf.png  photo ADVERTISE_zps8e385a24.png  photo IGUESSIMDUE_zpsba13f561.png  photo IGUESSIMDUE_zpsba13f561.png

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Kristen & Andrew : Rouxby Photography


I had the pleasure of attending Kristen & Andrew's wedding (on a side note: I had my own I Guess I Do moment as a guest, when I walked into the reception and realized the seam of my dress had split up the ass. Luckily I was wearing my usual Spanx and one of the bridesmaids had double stick tape. Let's be honest I really can't 'get low' because I think I have early osteoporosis in my knees, but I feared getting anywhere near the verge of 'low' might create a scene and scare the other guests.) Anyways, Kristen and Andrew's I Guess I Do moment was a non-existent reception setup . Enjoy Kristen's story in her own words.
...

It’s the moment you’ve dreamed about since you were a little girl. Perfect groom - Check. Perfect day - Check. Perfect dress - Check. Incredible venue - Check. Family & friends - Check.

Everything has fallen into place, and you can’t believe that your day is finally here! You always hear about the unexpected happening and so far your day has been right on plan, but we all know that in life, you can’t always control everything. Imagine opening the door to your reception and realizing that the guests are going to show up in less than a half hour and the tables are not set, the place cards are not out, and if it weren’t for the flowers, thank God for the flowers you’d probably have a panic attack. That was my I Guess I Do moment that I will never forget! 




I woke up with good butterflies in my stomach, the kind of feeling that you’ve been waiting and planning this day forever and you just could not believe it was happening. I was going to marry the love of my life with all my family and friends in town to celebrate and share in this special day. I kept my composure and even though I was a ball of nerves on that walk down the aisle. It was the wedding reception part that unexpectedly threw me for a loop.



Walking into the reception was the part that I was most excited for. I could not wait to see my vision come together. I have to admit that I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs when I opened those doors and noticed that nothing was ready, but I took a deep breath and freaked out on the inside. Thankfully we had a large wedding party (9 bridesmaids and groomsmen total) and everyone chipped in. It literally felt like the episode of Saved by Bell where they threw Screech a surprise birthday party in Mr. Belding’s office. It was crazy and chaotic and I don’t know what I would have done without my wedding party & parents.

Andrew and I were engaged for almost 2 years so I had a lot of time to plan, find the perfect dress, and the prefect vendors to go with the perfect date. Everything came together and I felt beyond organized with my binder and vendor contact list. In all honesty, I would not change any vendor or even anything about that day. I loved who we selected and would not want it any other way. At the end of the day, everything worked out and the most important thing happened, I married my true love.


It was a moment I will never forget! 
...

1 comment: