I Guess I Do

 photo PRESS_zps60f7d5cf.png  photo ADVERTISE_zps8e385a24.png  photo IGUESSIMDUE_zpsba13f561.png  photo IGUESSIMDUE_zpsba13f561.png

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Get that Wedding Day Glow!

All of that wedding planning can lead to lots of stress. And if your anything like me, stress likes to rear its ugly head in the form of red rockets on my face - and usually at the worst times!

Lucky for us, blogger & beauty guru Sonia Shah is here to share with us her tips on taking care of yourself and your skin before the big day!
...  

Hello, My name is Sonia and I am a thirty-something blogger who loves to write about sports, health, DIY projects, hair and makeup, jewelry and food from India! I also write for a medical and cosmetic practice in St. Louis, where I get most of my health knowledge from some of the greatest, well rounded surgeons. After seeing these practices first-hand, I wanted to share with you all what actually works!
 
When preparing for their big day, every bride spends most of her time finding the perfect dress, elegant jewelry, perfect hair and makeup. But most importantly, every bride aspires to have radiant, flawless, glowing skin. The few months that lead up to a wedding, all brides are encouraged to pay extra attention and “beef up” their skincare routine. Most brides looking for luminous, glowing skin turn to self-tanners or tanning salons to cover skin imperfections. However, with the rise of safe and effective laser treatments, brides can rejuvenate their own skin to reflect smooth, youthful and even color skin.

Brides in their 20s mostly experience discoloration from sun damage, whereas brides in their 30s, 40s and 50s are also in need of exfoliating treatments as well as collagen-building properties to tighten loose skin and resolve fine lines and wrinkles. There are several different laser skin treatments that can address these needs; however, there are two treatments in particular that have become increasingly popular for brides over the last few years, the Fotofacial and Fractional Skin Resurfacing



I decided to try the Fotofacial Treatment because I have small dark freckles all over my face. My biggest concern was two things, 1) will this treatment hurt and 2) what if it doesn’t work because I have darker skin? I felt better after talking to the lady at the clinic. She told me that it’s been tested on several skin types, even dark skin. And I couldn’t believe how well it worked. 

Okay, so first and most important, it doesn’t hurt. It’s like a light rubber band snap on the wrist, but it’s on your face. I know that’s a bit confusing. Right after the treatment, I saw some of the small, lighter spots just flake off. I was so relieved that I didn’t even care that my face looked like a tomato, which was much better next day and gone after the 4th day.

Reducing ingredients like processed sugar and white flour and replacing them with fresh fruits, vegetables and lean protein can give the treatment a boost. As well as Salmon and Sardines or Omega-3 fish oil supplements, which are great for “beefing up” your skin protection against free radicals that can accelerate aging. 


So with some healthy eating and a little technological help, your skin can reach it's fullest potential and truly glow on your big day! 







No comments:

Post a Comment