I Guess I Do

 photo PRESS_zps60f7d5cf.png  photo ADVERTISE_zps8e385a24.png  photo IGUESSIMDUE_zpsba13f561.png  photo IGUESSIMDUE_zpsba13f561.png

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Bridal Fashion Week Collections

Here is a closer look at collections from the heavy hitters in the bridal industry. First up, the one making all the news. 





I love it. Now I'm not going to lie, I gave Vera a hard time last year with her black and white collection. I wasn't a big fan. But I think she totally redeemed herself. In person, the structure and fabric of these dresses was superb. Even if you aren't a fan of the pink, any of these dresses would look amazing on you guys in ivory.

Photos Courtesy: Vera Wang Group








This year, Monique's collection featured tons of simple short dresses. She also had many vintage sheath dresses along with her signature textured ball gowns. It was definitely a return to elegance and glamour.

While I think the 'wow-factor' may have been missing this season, there are options for every type of bride and their various personal styles.

Photos Courtesy: WWD

Oscar de la Renta may have stuck with simple designs, but to me his style never gets old. Classic and timeless never goes out of style. I may be a bit partial too, since he was always my Nonna's favorite designer!

Photos Courtesy: WWD



Claire Pettibone is always a go-to for our vintage brides. I do like how she played with color this season. Those subtle colored flower petals are just the right touch for those who can pull off this rustic look. 

Photos Courtesy: WWD



Marchesa is known for their use of chiffon and appliques in both bridal and on the red carpet. I always feel their dresses have an airy elegance about them. While there may not have been many jaw droppers in this collection, I am a big fan of their flirty short dresses. 

Photos Courtesy: WWD

Stay tuned...more of your collections to come this week!



No comments:

Post a Comment