I Guess I Do

 photo PRESS_zps60f7d5cf.png  photo ADVERTISE_zps8e385a24.png  photo IGUESSIMDUE_zpsba13f561.png  photo IGUESSIMDUE_zpsba13f561.png

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Fourth of July



Sandusky, Ohio - I spent years dreaming of how to get out of this town, now only to find myself counting down the days until I can come back to it. 

After a crazy June at Fashion Police, we were fortunate enough to have this week off. I made it back home for a college friend's wedding in Bowling Green and am spending the week of the fourth with the fam. 

Yesterday, Kyle and I took his nieces and nephews, along with my mom, dad, and brother to Cedar Point. We closed down the joint and rode every single coaster. I felt like a little kid again, although my body is still aching, and every time I got to the top of a hill, I would have a slight panic attack. 

But some things haven't changed. Despite my age, I still managed to spill chili and cheese fries all down the front of me and get shit on by a bird. Shocking, I know...

Don't get me wrong, I love LA, but there is something so refreshing about coming back to Ohio. Maybe it's the fact that driving a BMW isn't considered normal and that having llamas in your neighbor's yard is. (I came home from college one summer to find this perplexing situation)

Either way, I'm glad to be home and surrounded by the family and friends that I love the most. No matter where I end up, or what I accomplish, this town will always remind me of my place in this world - as the girl who worked at the country club, but whose family never belonged to it. 

Happy Fourth of July Un-Brides - may this day bring you much fireworks, food, & laughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment