I Guess I Do

 photo PRESS_zps60f7d5cf.png  photo ADVERTISE_zps8e385a24.png  photo IGUESSIMDUE_zpsba13f561.png  photo IGUESSIMDUE_zpsba13f561.png

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day



From the Girl Scouts Father/Daughter dance to the Big Day, my Dad has always been by my side. With his witty sense of humor and realistic take on life, he's the real-life Steve Martin in "Father of the Bride."

He may have had some heart attacks along the way, but in the end it was all worth it to walk me down the isle. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have their dads with them on their wedding day, which is why we should cherish our dads even more, especially on Father's Day.

Thank you Dad for always playing devil's advocate every time I've wanted to bitch. 

Thank you Dad for saying I should chase my dreams, but still worry about things like health insurance.

Thank you Dad for making me watch SportsCenter every day growing up instead of cartoons.

Thank you Dad for teaching me to never go to bed angry.  

Thank you Dad for raising me to appreciate good music - Bruce, The Beatles, The Temptations...

And Thank You Dad for always setting the example of the type of man I should marry. 


I can thankfully say I did marry someone like my father. And Dad, you'll be happy to know that Kyle now wears boat shoes as well.

2 comments:

  1. And father's are lucky when they have kids like you and J. Thanks for the beautiful post. Love, Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud you figured out how to comment! LOVE YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete