Wednesday, June 12, 2013

All in the Family



I come from a big Italian family. My mom's parents both came from San Marino, Italy. When I ask my dad what heritage I am on his side, his response is always "Hillbilly." Meaning his parents came from Virginia. So basically I'm a Guido/Redneck. Everything make sense now?

To me, life is just a series of memories. Some are good, some are bad, but overall, it's just moments in time strung together. And your wedding will be one of those monumental memories you look back on over time.

The two weeks leading up to the wedding are usually the most stressful. You can plan ahead all you want, but lots of details can only be handled in the days leading up to it. Every time I found myself getting stressed in the final days, I would stop and try to remember what it's all about.

At no other point in your life will all of the people you've met along the way be in one room at the same time again. Your family, friends - new and old, are all going to be there. When you think about it that way, there's no way you can take that night for granted.

My grandpa, who can still drink all of my cousins and I under the table, is known for his bluntness and a dry sense of humor. So when he spontaneously joined me on the dance floor during "Build Me Up Buttercup" - my entire family lost it!

I was so thankful not only for his generosity, but for sharing with me a moment in time that will always stand still in my mind. A great memory.





No comments:

Post a Comment