Thursday, February 14, 2013

I'll Start on Monday...















The minute these words were uttered I knew I had to do something. I had been putting off dieting and consistently working out during my two year engagement because I thought I had all the time in the world. It was now May and my wedding was only four months away.

I had wanted to lose 10 pounds before the wedding. I was still battling to lose my college weight (You know when it was completely normal to save your quarters not for laundry but for quarter drafts on Thursdays, and when Taco Bell topped your approved foods list. I can still remember my order - Crunch Wrap Supreme, 2 Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes, and a side of Cinnamon Twists. Ahh the good ol' days.)

Don't let me fool you. I just ordered that two weeks ago.

I have been a yo-yo dieter all my life. The statement "I'll start on Monday" should be written on my tombstone. Lots of people lose weight due to stress. Nope not me. When I'm stressed what do I do? Eat. Because food brings me JOY. Sweet, pure, sugary JOY. So when it came to shedding pounds before the wedding, I knew it was going to be tough. 

During a bout with insomnia after my alterations appointment, I began scouring the internet for the latest and greatest craze. This coming from the girl who recently purchased the Brazilian Butt Lift (which I did once) and Cindy Crawford's Skincare (which turned my face red). I'm an easy sell if you tell me I will look skinny and young and don't have to work for it. After a couple of clicks, I stumbled upon something called Tone It Up.

The Tone It Up trainers looked hot, so I figured I would have whatever they were having. I impulsively bought their nutrition plan and started it the next day. Coming from a girl who has tried everything, this was the first plan I tried that worked.

There was no calorie counting and no giving up carbs. They broke up the day into 5 meals with a metabolism drink in the morning. I stuck to their meal plans during the week and allowed myself 2 splurge meals on the weekends. The pounds started coming off and I lost my goal of 10 pounds before the wedding. 

So look, I'm not here to hawk a product or sell you something. I'm just telling you what worked for me. Unfortunately there wasn't a magic potion, or I would have ordered it by the case load. I just followed their eating plan 5 days a week for 4 months.

But when it came to the week of the wedding, I allowed myself to eat whatever the hell I wanted. Because if there is one thing worse than a stressed out bride, it's a hungry stressed out bride. I ate for the good of humanity that week. 
 
On a side note, I started their eating plan again today after a long hiatus. To be honest, I fell off the wagon willingly after the wedding and it's been damn fun. But on Fat Tuesday when I found myself eating donuts in my car in the Target parking lot while wearing pajama jeans, I decided the joy-ride should come to an end. And I said to myself, "Ok, I'll start on Wednesday."

2 comments:

  1. LOLOLOLOL you crack me up. Lets go to Taco Bell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly - In my attempt to be healthy I'm about to polish off a box of special k bars. T-Bell would have probably ended up being the same!

    ReplyDelete